Monday, November 24, 2008

Birthday Invitation

Dear Friends and Family,
Aging is going to be the death of me! The night before I turned 40 I cried. That was nearly 20 years ago!! Time has sped a lot faster than I ever thought it would or could. I've thought of moving to china where older people are highly respected, but I've been there and I really don't like their bathrooms very much. So in order to make the arrival of this personal new decade a little less traumatic, I am going to give myself a 60th birthday party. (Thank you, Leslie Patterson, for the idea!)

Date & Time: Tuesday February 17, 2009 from 11:30-1:00.
Place: Barretts' Home @ 633 E. Melody Dr., Gilbert, AZ 85234
Occasion: Elizabeth Willis Barrett's 60th Birthday!

I am sending this invitation 3 months ahead of time for a reason. Those of you who know me quite well, know that I love to set goals. But the only way I can actually reach them is if they are very specific and I am given a deadline and someone besides myself knows about them.

So here are two of my goals:

By February 17th of 2009--my 60th (gag!) birthday--
#1: I will have gone on a 20 mile bike ride all in the same day.
#2: I will be able to play 10 songs on my guitar which will include 10 well-maneuvered chords and 3 different strums.

You might wonder why I'm gettin you involved in this. I just thought you might want to join me. Not in riding my bike or playing my guitar I don't mean, but in accomplishing something you might have been putting off for a very long time. And then we'd have a party to celebrate as shown above. And even if you don't feel like working on some goal or other, I hope you will still come on that day to be with wonderful women--old and young, enjoy some fabulous food and take home a fun gift bag. And please, invite your friends. The more the merrier, as they say.

If you would kindly respond on my e-mail which is lizbrad@cox.net or on this blog which is theotherelizabethbarrett.blogspot.com, I will send you some reminders of the party and/or encourage you on your goals.

With love and gratitude to you for reading this whole invitation!
Liz...............................480-892-5812

5 comments:

Kim & Max Willis family said...

What a great idea! This will be fun! we will start thing about our goals!
--kim & max willis--

The Haggartons said...

Liz! I was so excited to get your invitation! I am thinking hard about what I want my goal to be. I think it is a wonderful idea. Don't worry about turning 60, my Dad use to say "getting old is hard, but it beats the alternative". You are a precious friend, and I love you! (visit my blog)
Shelly

Tenneys said...

Hey Momma! I love your stories and I love your attitude about life! You are the cutest mom a girl could ask for :) I am still thinking on my goal. It has to realistic! Love you-
Alli

Alex said...

Hey Sister B! I am sooo there on the 17th and I can't wait!

Love Bee

Tami Allred said...

I wish I could come. Sounds like so much fun. Happy Birthday!!!